List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE3 krunner always shows on head 1 and forces apps onto that
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-02-06 18:58:25

On 05.02.08 15:05:40, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 of February 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > >
> > > Ah, that's why we were confused. That component is called minicli and is
> > > part of kdesktop.
> > >
> > > And I can tell you it works fine in TwinView. It shows up in the screen
> > > where the mouse is.
> >
> > Hmm, I'm using Xinerama (or rather XRandR 1.2), any hint where I should
> > start looking code-wise? Or is this something that KWin should handle?
>
>  http://ktown.kde.org/~seli/xinerama/ maybe?

Apparently the problem is that

NETRootInfo i( qt_xdisplay(), NET::Supported );
if( !i.isSupported( NET::WM2FullPlacement )) ) ...

evaluates to false. Any hint why that happens, or wether the condition
is wrong maybe?

If the condition is correct, then I fear there's an error in kwin, as
all that happens after that is a simple show(). And minicli itself is a
plain KDialog with WType_TopLevel set and thats about it.

Andreas

--
Questionable day.

Ask somebody something.