List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE3 krunner always shows on head 1 and forces apps onto that
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-02-05 23:06:05

On 05.02.08 08:00:39, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 February 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hmm, I'm using Xinerama (or rather XRandR 1.2), any hint where I should
> > start looking code-wise?
>
> in the kde3 sources it was in kdebase/kdesktop/minicli.cpp ... that should
> give you a start, and you should see similar "put me on the right screen"
> code there as well. however, it was a bit ... touchy. e.g. it would often
> alternate between screens for me regardless of where the mouse was. never did
> look into that, though, so i can't complain =)

Debian uses the packages Lubos referenced in his answer, which means the
following code is executed when showing minicli:

+      NETRootInfo i( qt_xdisplay(), NET::Supported );
+      if( !i.isSupported( NET::WM2FullPlacement )) {
+          QRect rect = KGlobalSettings::desktopGeometry(QCursor::pos());
+          m_miniCli->move(rect.x() + (rect.width() - m_miniCli->width())/2,
+                          rect.y() + (rect.height() - m_miniCli->height())/2);
+      }

I suspect that the if fails for some reason or
KGlobalSettings::desktopGeometry returns the wrong rectangle...

I'll try with some debug output there...

Andreas

--
Celebrate Hannibal Day this year.  Take an elephant to lunch.