List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdetoys module coordinator. (Was: Re: kdetoys and kweather and
From:       Henry de Valence <hdevalence () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-27 22:00:25

On Sunday 27 January 2008 4:42:05 pm Andreas Silberstorff wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008 20:47:46 schrieb Henry de Valence:
> > On Sunday 27 January 2008 2:35:10 pm Stefan Böhmann wrote:
> > >  - 2 (kweather and kwordclock) looks like unmaintained and have a
> > >        new alternate based on plasma
> >
> > Well, I'm working on a plasma version, but I don't know how much of the
> > original functionality it'll have. The standalone KWorldclock has cool
> > stuff like adding flags etc. If it were up to me, I'd leave it at least
> > until the plasma one is done. Besides, some people might not want it as a
> > plasma applet.
>
> I would love the weather plasmoid if it gets somewhere close to the kicker
> applet :-) If only once the ability for a weather review for berlin in
> germany where I live will come back that would be great.
>
> Wish I had both more time and more capability I would like to provide help
> rather then complaints.
>
> Keep the good work and keep your own time scale as it is your free choice.
I haven't looked at the weather plasmoid myself, but given that there's an
existing codebase there, all one has to do is re-write it, not come up with a
whole new thing (mostly, anyways).

it's not really too high on my list of stuff to do, but I have quite a bit of
free time.

But I think what would be cool is if there was some sort of integration
between the two. If you could get data from kweather and use it to make a
dynamic theme for kworldclock that showed stuff like temerature etc. maybe
you could get like radar and stuff for it too.
--
Harry de Valence