List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdetoys module coordinator. (Was: Re: kdetoys and kweather and
From:       Stefan =?iso-8859-1?q?B=F6hmann?= <kde () hilefoks ! org>
Date:       2008-01-27 19:35:10

Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008 11:42:54 schrieb Tom Albers:
> This brings us to the subject of the kdetoys module coordinator.
>
> The release-team is seeking coordinators for each of the modules. kdetoys
> does not have one yet. What does it mean?  It means to be the first point
> of contact for the release-team and keeping an eye on the module. In case
> of kdetoys sort out the current situation.

Hi,

there are currently 8 applications in kdetoys. As far as I know:
 - 3 applications are dead and at least for two of them (kmoon and
       fifteenapplet) there is a new equivalent based on plasma
 - 2 (kweather and kwordclock) looks like unmaintained and have a
       new alternate based on plasma
 - 2 (ktux and amor) looks like unmaintained

When I'm right there is only one maintained application (kteatime). When I'm
wrong there are maybe two. So maybe there is no reason to keep kdetoys
anymore.

However, when nobody else with more experience want's to take this module then
i'd like to do that. But note that I'm a relative new KDE developer. That
means I don't have much knowledge about coordinating modules.

 - Stefan