List:       kde-devel
Subject:    compilation bug in kdebase-workspace (with workaround)
From:       Raul Fernandes <rgfbr () yahoo ! com ! br>
Date:       2008-01-12 13:41:45

I had a compilation bug when compiling
kdebase-workspace. Here is the message:

/tmp/kdebase-workspace-4.0.0/build/plasma/applets/battery/ui_batteryConfig.h:
In member function ‘void
Ui_batteryConfig::retranslateUi(QWidget*)’:
/tmp/kdebase-workspace-4.0.0/build/plasma/applets/battery/ui_batteryConfig.h:87:
error: ‘class QWidget’ has no member named
‘setAccessibleName’
make[2]: **
[plasma/applets/battery/CMakeFiles/plasma_applet_battery.dir/battery.o]
Erro 1
make[1]: **
[plasma/applets/battery/CMakeFiles/plasma_applet_battery.dir/all]
Erro 2
make: ** [all] Erro 2

I have edited the file
plasma/applets/battery/ui_batteryConfig.h and
commented the specified line, but the error appear in
pager applet too.

Investigating the error, I realize that my Qt has no
accessibility support, so the error. I don't use the
accessibility support and have compiled from the
sources (linuxfromscratch).

I think that should have a conditional to test the
accessibility support like that:

batteryConfig->setWindowTitle(tr2i18n("Configure
Battery Monitor", 0));
#ifdef QT_ACCESSIBILITY_SUPPORT
  batteryConfig->setAccessibleName(tr2i18n("Configure
Battery Monitor", 0));
#endif

As the file is autogenerated, I have search the
original file. In the file
plasma/applets/battery/batteryConfig.ui, I found the
property accessibleName.

So I think it is a bug in qmake that should generate
the file as I have shown or test if the Qt has the
accessibility support and, if no, ignore this
property.

Am I correct?? Should I send this bug to TrollTech??

Raul Fernandes
rgfbr@yahoo.com.br

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/