List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Soprano 1.99 dependency
From:       Ian Wadham <ianw2 () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-01-06 8:33:00

I am trying to set up a clean new KDE 4.1 development environment
on a new machine, using all the latest advice from TechBase.  My
old env on my old machine has become something of a mess.

For starters I downloaded the Source Snapshots and compiled and
built qt-copy and kdesupport OK, but now cmakekde kdelibs will
not get off the ground.  It keeps saying:

    CMake Error: Soprano version 0.9.0 is too old.  Please install
           1.99 or newer.

I have done that, but cmake does not find it, even if I delete everything
in the build/4.1/kdesupport and build/4.1/kdelibs directories and go
back to square 1.  I have put Soprano 1.99 in my "install/4.1/kde" area,
which is first in PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH when
I am building.  So where does Soprano 1.99 need to go?  I did not think
it would be a good idea to clobber the stable 0.9.0 installation with the
RC2 1.99 version.

Any ideas, Ian W.