List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: cmake race condition in kmail?
From:       Thomas McGuire <thomas.mcguire () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-01-05 14:21:25

Hi,

On Saturday 05 January 2008, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> When I try to build with "make -j4" in kdepim, it fails out with the
> following:
>
> [ 11%] Built target kalarm_resources
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `kmail/org.kde.kmail.kmail.xml',
> needed by `kontact/plugins/kmail/kmailinterface.cpp'.  Stop.
> make[2]: *** [kontact/plugins/kmail/CMakeFiles/kcm_kmailsummary.dir/all]
> Error 2
>
> However, if I do a "make -j1" it continues, generating all the .xml
> files in kmail.
>
> Is there a missing dependency in the kontact plugins somewhere?
This is my fault. The XML files for the D-Bus interfaces in KMail are now
autogenerated. These files are needed by other applications (like Kontact or
KOrganizer). Laurent added an explicit dependency for Kontact and KOrganizer
on KMail, but this doesn't seem to work for Some Reason.
I already posted on kde-buildsystem about this, and Andreas and Alexander
already suggested adding a custom command with a custom target. I'll try that
out in the next few days (right now I need to repair my system because pared
ruined my partition table).

Regards,
Thomas