List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Change default background problem
From:       Sebastian Kuegler <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-12-27 1:25:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Nicolas,

On Wednesday 26 December 2007 22:46:36 Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:
> i want to change the default user background, so i changed mine and
> looked what happened. A file plasma-appletsrc have been created with
> as content :
>
> [Containments][1]
> backgroundmode=0
> selected=
> wallpaper=/usr/share/wallpaper/my_wallpaper.png
> wallpapercolor=227,227,227
> wallpaperposition=0
>

> So i created a file named plasma-appletsrc in /opt/kde4/share/config .

You also need to define a panel containment. Mine looks like this:

[Containments][2]
formfactor=2
geometry=0,981,1400,70
location=4
locked=false
plugin=panel
screen=0
transform=1,0,0,0,1,0,0,-1056,1

It's at the bottom of my 1400x1050 screen. You can let plasma create a default
config file, and then have a look at that.

> I started kde4 with a fresh user, and i have the new background but i
> do not have the plasma taskbar ( old namely kicker ).
>
> There is a pb here with the background or have i forgoten something ?

The easiest way to set a wallpaper is of course right-clicking on the
background and choosing "Configure Desktop...". (You might need to unlock
widgets first.) If you don't have that option in your setup, your KDE is
outdated.

Cheers,
--
sebas