List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Terminus as default font in kde?
From:       David Johnson <david () usermode ! org>
Date:       2007-12-16 0:31:36

On Saturday 15 December 2007, Martin K. Schreder wrote:
> Well that's just my 5 folloup-thoughts :)

You are free to use whatever font you wish on your own desktop. No one is
stopping you.

For the default desktop, however, we are limited to generic fonts, as KDE has
no control (none) over what distros decide to ship with. In addition, years
of experience, from every desktop, leads to the conclusion that a sans serif
font is easier on the eyes. Thus, the current default of the generic "Sans
Serif".

--
David Johnson