List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Terminus as default font in kde?
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-12-15 23:41:14

martin wrote:

> Hi. I'd like to propose a little change to the default kde
> configuration. How about changing default font to "terminus"? In my
> opinion it is the best looking font ever created. It works great for
> everything, especially coding (far better then Courier). Take a look at
> this shot: http://www.schreder.nu/wiki/images/a/aa/Kde-terminus.png
>
> Just a thought :)

I should point out here that KDE is currently using the CSS generic
names for fonts.  There are no actual fonts named: San-serif &
Monospace.  Fontconfig will assign an actual font according to its
configuration files and what is installed on the system.  This can also
be modified by distros.  So, actually, KDE doesn't have default fonts.
Some KDE apps that come with it might have default fonts, don't know for
sure.

--
JRT