List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: The kmilo_generic port to kde4
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2007-12-08 19:05:03

Dne so 8. prosince 2007 Kelvie Wong napsal(a):
> On Dec 8, 2007 9:36 AM, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@suse.cz> wrote:
> > Dne so 8. prosince 2007 Kelvie Wong napsal(a):
> > > Talking on IRC, there are some people who don't want KMilo resurrected
> > > it seems :) But until we find a better solution,
> >
> >  There is a better solution now. Just assign the shortcuts to whatever
> > you want, instead of having them hardcoded to kmix.
> Oh, where do you set them?

 In KMix itself, for example? Either in the Settings menu or in context menu
for any individual channel.

 The affected multimedia keys of course need to work, but that's not a KDE
problem (and your patch seems to require that as well). The keyboard model
needs to be properly selected in X, or, if the keys wouldn't normally work in
X at all, some distributions now include a small deamon (package hotkey-setup
in SUSE) that does what kmilo does, only for the whole X.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer