List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: feedback; bug reports
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-11-15 1:27:36

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> This was not about the GUI.  It was specifically about the fact that
> including the name ("oxygen") of the default icon theme in the code was
> a poor design practice.  This is not something simple for which there is
> a patch.  OTOH, simply replacing it with: "default.kde" is so simple
> that a patch would be unnecessary.

My bad.  I appear to have confused this with another thread.  While this
is also an example of a design issue, it is not the one that this thread
was discussing.

The question of embedding the names of two Konqueror Profiles in the
Konqueror is a similar issue but a bit more complicated.  Still it is
the same principle.  This should not be in the code, it should be
configurable.

--
JRT