List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: feedback; bug reports
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-11-14 22:22:13

Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 November 2007 22:35:32 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> John Tap sell wrote:
>>> Your wording is too often just offensive.
>> Is the statement:
>>
>> "That is poor design practice."
>>
>> offensive, because that is the point being discussed here.
>
> You know, if I heard this kind of well-meant, honest critique, I'd
> try to do something with it, not telling those people that I think
> it's OK and they don't understand.

The statement:

	"That is poor design practice."

is also a well-meant, honest critique.  I would also hope that someone
would try to do something with it, rather than dismissing it with a
sarcastic remark.

> The thing is, dfaure, annma and johnflux are just straight-out right
>  in what they say, and you should be glad that they are taking the
> time and try to help you collaborating in this project,

Yes, I should be greatfull that dfaure took the time to make dismissive
and personal comments about my suggestions.

> rather than annoying people with endless discussions all over the
> place.

Nothing personal or insulting about this comment:

> it's the same crap"

is there?

--
JRT