List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: feedback; bug reports
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-11-14 22:09:25

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 November 2007, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>>> So where is your patch to improve it,
>> An issue such as this is not resolved with a simple patch.  Besides,
>> this is a design issue -- how does one patch the design?
>
> As I am sure you are aware, there is no limit to the size of a patch. So
> clearly, in a patch, you can change the design of something.

Actually, you can only change code which is the result of the design.

First you design, then you code -- at least that is the way which I was
taught to do it.

And, it is hoped that before you design that you have design principles.

So, what I would like to patch is the principles used for the design
which resulted in the code which currently contains configuration data.
  The design principle being that code should not contain configuration
data.

--
JRT