List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How do I get a proper backtrace?
From:       Magnus Johansson <magnusj () it ! uu ! se>
Date:       2007-10-26 14:38:31

On Wednesday 24 October 2007 18.23.52 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> There's a techbase page on that:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Bugsquad/How_to_create_useful_crash_repo
>rts

That didn't help. I had already done what's described there. However, after
carefully reading the console output I discovered that the crash is because of
a failed assertion:

<snip>
konqueror(7405)/kdecore (KLibLoader)
KDEPrivate::ConcreteFactory<Product,ParentType>::create: className=
KParts::Plugin  metaObject->className()= KParts::Plugin
konqueror(7405)/kdecore (KLibLoader)
KDEPrivate::ConcreteFactory<Product,ParentType>::create: create - 3
konqueror(7405) KHTMLPluginKTTSD::KHTMLPluginKTTSD:
KHTMLPLuginKTTSD::KHTMLPluginKTTSD: KTrader did not find KTTSD.
ASSERT: "!directoryType.isNull()" in
file /home/kde-devel/src/KDE/kdebase/apps/lib/konq/konq_pixmapprovider.cc,
line 71
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = konqueror path = <unknown> pid = 7405

The code where this happens looks like this:

QString KonqPixmapProvider::iconNameFor( const KUrl& url )
{
    QMap<KUrl,QString>::iterator it = iconMap.find( url );
    QString icon;
    if ( it != iconMap.end() ) {
        icon = it.value();
        if ( !icon.isEmpty() )
            return icon;
    }

    if ( url.url().isEmpty() ) {
        // Use the folder icon for the empty URL
        const KMimeType::Ptr directoryType =
KMimeType::mimeType( "inode/directory" );
        Q_ASSERT( !directoryType.isNull() );

Any ideas of what goes wrong? I'm not yet familiar enough with the
code to debug this myself.

/Magnus