List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Name of Control Center in KDE 4
From:       Yukiko Bando <ybando () k6 ! dion ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2007-10-15 13:27:33

Robert Knight wrote:
> To be honest, I would have thought that both 'Control Center' and
> 'System Settings' are good options.  I personally favor the latter
> simply because it is a different name to KDE 3 and it makes it easier
> to talk about the KDE 3 / KDE 4 changes, but it is not a strong
> argument.

As a Japanese translator I vote for "Control Center" because we can not
differentiate "System Settings" from generic "system settings" by
capitalizing the first letters as in English and we can not differentiate it
from "system configurations" either.

Ignoring the Japanese specific problem, I think it might be confusing. For
example, there is the "Use anti-aliasing" option in System Settings ->
Appearance -> Fonts, for which one can choose from Enabled, Disabled
and System settings.

For me it's like renaming KMail to Mail Client...

Yukiko