List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Name of Control Center in KDE 4
From:       Emil =?UTF-8?B?S2FybMOpbg==?= <emilkarlen () aim ! com>
Date:       2007-10-15 2:29:16

Chusslove Illich wrote:

> Thus I would also stick to #4 in this lineup, alternatively suggesting:
>
>   5) Settings central
>
> (where I think initial cap is somewhat important). Having "central" as
> noun for a change rings nicely in my ears.

I vote for "Settings central" (or "Settings Central") too.
"settings" is the word used by both the desktop environment and
applications. "central" indicates that many kinds of settings are managed.
No word that might exclude any kind of settings is used. Maybe this could
be a problem, if people think that even application settings can be
managed. But I think (pure speculations, though) that if people see
a "Settings" menu in the application, that's where they will look
for "application settings".
And it rings nice in my ears too :)

/Emil Karlén