List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: voice control software like Dragon Naturally Spekaing
From:       Florian Hackenberger <f.hackenberger () chello ! at>
Date:       2007-09-20 12:15:17

On Thursday 20 September 2007, Niels Jende wrote:
> Mr Knopper got back to me and pointed me to that piece of Software:
> http://www.epromoter.at/epromoter/index.php?id=42
> He hasn't implemented it into Adriane, as this Software is GUI-based.
From reading the website, it does not seem like they have been able to create
a functional version yetd if they have at least the source code does not yet
seem to be available. I did some research into open source speech recognition
and came to the conclusion that while Julius is currently the best project
for speech recognition, the problem is the lack of freely available speech
corpa. VoxForge [1] tries to solve that problem for the english language.
Without a free speech corpus, a free language model and a grammar file for
each supported language it is impossible to create a working truly open
source speech recognition system.

[1] http://www.voxforge.org

--
Florian Hackenberger