List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Walt Mossberg
From:       "David Jarvie" <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2007-09-18 14:59:23

On Tuesday 18 September 2007 14:12, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On 9/18/07, James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@acm.org> wrote:
>> Robert Knight wrote:
>> > Hello James,
>> >
>> > I really do not think this is the best mailing list to discuss press
>> > feedback about the Linux desktop in general, especially when neither
>> > the article in question, nor your response deals with KDE directly.
>> >
>> Are you the InterNet Police? :-D
>
> Na, I think he's kind'a right. Most of the things this guy complains
> about have to do with non-KDE issues, or at least, they are polish
> things someone needs to take care off - but I think most ppl are
> already aware of those. It's just that we need some ppl to take it up,
> and imho a distribution is the one who has to initiate it. It's mostly
> boring, needs to be paid for, I think. Either way, posting here won't
> help.

I had the same reaction as Robert when I saw this posting. It really seems
too general an issue to post on a KDE development list. As Jos says,
people are probably aware that things need more polish. But to be relevant
to this list, it really needs to be more specific in pointing to WHAT
changes are needed in KDE.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.