List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Gnome
From:       Ian Wadham <ianw2 () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-09-09 4:41:42

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 01:25 am, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 07 September 2007, Ian Wadham wrote:
> > Should I be worried about the following, which appeared
> > on my local Linux users' group list?
>
> sounds like the typical immature flunky spouting off.

Thanks for all the sage advice, Aaron, Arnold, Samiur and Jos.

The guy's main concern was, having got Gnome going, to get
rid of "all the KDE stuff".  Someone suggested using Debian's
package manager to remove kdelibs and everything depending
on it and that seemed to make him happy.  So there was no
more flaming.  Alas, he is missing out on such golden apps as
KGoldrunner ... :-) ... not to mention KMail ...

Here is another gem from the same guy:  "The one thing I need
is a reliable email client and icedove has let me down, what a
pretentious load of crap.  All it wants to do besides look pretty
is crash whenever it collects mail.  Back to the old, slow, but
reliable mozilla for me." ... :-D ...

> but really, the only thing i'd be worried about is the health of your local
> LUG's communication channel when it gets filled with such flames.

From now on I shall be working on elevating the level of discourse
a little.  It is not that bad most of the time, though.  And the thread
facility of KMail allows me to delete a whole thread with just a
few clicks ... ;-)

Cheers, Ian W.