List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Drawing on top of a QTreeView
From:       Constantin Berzan <exit3219 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-07-17 11:01:47

Hi!

I have a QTreeView and I want to display a custom semi-transparent widget on
top of it, for reporting progress. The progress widget must be resized as the
tree view is resized. Also any clicks in the progress widget must "propagate"
to the tree view under it.

What's the easiest way to do something like this?

The only thing that comes to mind is subclassing QTreeView, reimplementing its
paintEvent and drawing a pixmap on top of it (instead of having the progress
display as a separate widget).
I've also thought of having the progress-displaying widget beneath the tree
view, but I have no idea how to make it "see through".

Thanks in advance for any hints or suggestions.

--
http://ascending.wordpress.com/