List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: EBN: Copyright and License
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-07-17 10:38:10

On Tuesday 17 July 2007 1:22:10 am Jeff Anderson wrote:
> Is there a standard copyright and license text that can be copy/pasted
> into each file EBN states is missing such?  It'd just bring that issue
> count down quite a bit and give everyone a better stance on how many
> actual issues there are.

There is a standard copyright line that we agreed upon a long time
ago but has never been documented AFAIK.

Copyright copyright-years, real name <email_address>

A real person (or company) with a real, useful email address.
One person per line.

examples:
Copyright 2005-2007 Allen Winter <winter@kde.org>
Copyright 2005,2008-2010 John Doe <doe@kde.org>

IIRC, we decided that (c) and (C) are meaningless and
can be added optionally:

i.e, the following are also ok:
Copyright (c) 2005-2007 Allen Winter <winter@kde.org>
Copyright (C) 2005,2008-2010 John Doe <doe@kde.org>