List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Some Kjots issues from a budding developer.
From:       "Jaison Lee" <lee.jaison () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-27 20:58:15

> In trying to fix this, I've spent a while looking at the kjots code,
> particularly the generateHtml functions in kjotsentry.cpp. I can't
> figure out why the html is generated by using QTextCursors and
> QDocuments rather than simply copying over the html from the saved
> .book files. I'm sure there's a clever reason it's neccesary, but it
> is causing the bug I mentioned above somehow.

The generateHtml functions create the Book View. As you can see from
the code, these functions create the Table of Contacts and all its
links, the separators, the quick links at the bottom of each page and
so on. Reading this from the .book files would be difficult, since
none of this actually exists in them.  :)  The html for the page text
itself is acquired using the QTextCursors so that you get the data
that has been entered in to the "live" page. If you loaded the page
text from the .book file, you would not get any information that the
user just inputted into the page, just whatever had last been saved.

> The use of the <hr> tag
> seems to gobble up those couple of lines. If I remove it the lines
> return. I suspect it is a Qt bug, as I recreated similar in a test
> case. There's also some other funny behaviour though.

Grrr.... I know what you are describing. I've fought with this in the
past, and I thought I had it fixed. Qt definitely handles the <hr> tag
either in a wierd way or at least in a manner I'm not fully
understanding. I suspect a change in a more recent version of Qt
"fixed" the behaviour I was trying to deal with before so now it's
broken again.

FYI:
KJots generates a lot of interest but not a lot of actual development.
I would hate to see mailing list space taken up by this. Please just
contact Pradeepto and/or myself for stuff like this. (Pradeepto is the
current maintainer, so his opinions weigh more than mine.)