List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Some Kjots issues from a budding developer.
From:       "Stephen Kelly" <steveire () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-26 23:40:35

Hi,

I'm trying to get into kde development, and I'm starting with kjots as
it seems to be a relatively simple application. The svn version of
KJots has a bug where the book browser view does not show the top line
of each page or the title link of the page. Also, exported Html pages
show the same bug.

In trying to fix this, I've spent a while looking at the kjots code,
particularly the generateHtml functions in kjotsentry.cpp. I can't
figure out why the html is generated by using QTextCursors and
QDocuments rather than simply copying over the html from the saved
.book files. I'm sure there's a clever reason it's neccesary, but it
is causing the bug I mentioned above somehow. The use of the <hr> tag
seems to gobble up those couple of lines. If I remove it the lines
return. I suspect it is a Qt bug, as I recreated similar in a test
case. There's also some other funny behaviour though.

I'd like to see the generateHtml function use the html in the saved
files instead because it seems more sensible to me. I'd like to know a
real reason not to though if anyone can tell me. Maybe it's a common
technique?

All the best,

Steve.