List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Budding Developer
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-06-20 18:48:20

On 20.06.07 14:35:14, Jeff Anderson wrote:
> I was wondering, after reading the wiki on the EBN and some of the
> upcoming features they are working on, why there are so many copyright,
> include, and license errors.  Is this something developers just haven't
> polished in their source code or an actual bug in the EBN parsers?  If
> developers are spending more time adding features and debugging current
> features, is there a contingent for anyone to simply clean up the
> EBN-generated warnings and errors?

Its probably real errors, however license issues range low on the todo
list I think.

> I'd like to donate some of my time, as I'm just starting out in a
> project of this magnitude, to clean up some of these errors.  What are
> the policies on submitting corrected source code?

Change the code, create a diff (using svn diff) and then send it to the
apropriate mailinglist for review and comitting.

> Obviously I'm more concerned about getting corrected source code to
> the developer in charge and not so much about directly committing
> anything to SVN as that isn't the way it should be done.

No, its actually fine to commit those ebn fixes directly (unless you
didn't understand the change you did ;) Developer's will get tired of
reviewing and comitting these changes as most of them are pretty simple
to do and you can't do much wrong.

> Developers, please let me know who I may contact in order to help
> bring the EBN issue count down.

Contact the list that belongs to the module you want to work on,
possibly with a patch at hand.

Andreas

--
Don't tell any big lies today.  Small ones can be just as effective.