List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How can I help?
From:       Urs Wolfer <uwolfer () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-06-19 21:09:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 19 June 2007 22.53:54 Mirko Stocker wrote:
> Hi!

Hi

Nice to see another Swiss room-mate!

> I've been using KDE for the last few years and I've also followed the
> development of KDE 4 (I've read every commit digest ;-) ) with increasing
> interest. The urge to contribute something has become bigger, but I don't
> really know where to start. I'm not sure if now is a good time to work on
> junior jobs when everything is very likely to change anyway.

Junior jobs are not a bad idea.

> So what I'd like to know is, has anybody something to do for me?

There is everywhere work around. ;)

> I'd prefer
> to work on an application I use regularly, like Konqueror, KMail, Kopete,
> Konsole, Kate, etc.

I think at least the first three of these could need your help very much. Just
ask on the maillinglist of the particular project [1].

> And the whole desktop of course.

Plasma could be a good choice. Ask in #plasma on irc.freenode.org.

> I should probably say some words about my skills: I've worked with C++ for
> about two years and used Qt4 in a term project. I once wrote two small
> applications using the KDE APIs, but I've neither finished nor published
> them. In my day job I'm working on Eclipse plug-ins (Refactoring for RDT),
> but I don't think that helps me much regarding KDE..
>
> Thank you for your time and your help!

Thank you for your help! It's very appreciated.

Bye
urs