List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How can I help?
From:       Mirko Stocker <me () misto ! ch>
Date:       2007-06-19 20:53:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi!

I've been using KDE for the last few years and I've also followed the
development of KDE 4 (I've read every commit digest ;-) ) with increasing
interest. The urge to contribute something has become bigger, but I don't
really know where to start. I'm not sure if now is a good time to work on
junior jobs when everything is very likely to change anyway.

So what I'd like to know is, has anybody something to do for me? I'd prefer to
work on an application I use regularly, like Konqueror, KMail, Kopete,
Konsole, Kate, etc. And the whole desktop of course.
I should probably say some words about my skills: I've worked with C++ for
about two years and used Qt4 in a term project. I once wrote two small
applications using the KDE APIs, but I've neither finished nor published
them. In my day job I'm working on Eclipse plug-ins (Refactoring for RDT),
but I don't think that helps me much regarding KDE..

Thank you for your time and your help!

Mirko Stocker