List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kicker & powertop
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-06-18 20:06:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 18 June 2007, Rafael Rodríguez wrote:
> On 6/18/07, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> > do you have a clock with seconds showing? did you do the test with the
> > mouse hovering over and item on the panel? what applets are you running
> > on your panel(s)?
>
> Incredible... I just made some tests, and when I disabled Kima (former
> cpuinfo applet), kicker stoped from being the worst offender.

yes, applets that display that kind of information tend to have regular update
periods. and depending on whether they are polling or event based and how
often they refresh they can be quite the active little monsters. there's
really only so much that can be done about it since the point of having a
meter showing the temperature is to know what temperature the cpu is and
since the cpu changes temperature over time .......

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se