List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kicker & powertop
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2007-06-18 19:58:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 18 June 2007, Rafael Rodríguez wrote:
> On 6/18/07, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> > do you have a clock with seconds showing? did you do the test with the
> > mouse hovering over and item on the panel? what applets are you running
> > on your panel(s)?
>
> Incredible... I just made some tests, and when I disabled Kima (former
> cpuinfo applet), kicker stoped from being the worst offender.
>
> Will send an e-mail to the devel or will try to fix it myself...

The update interval is probably already configurable.

System monitors and stuff that scrolls, e.g. KNewsTicker, obviously need to
update their presentation quite often, but usually also allow the user to
adjust the update interval.

Bascially a trade-off question. Will be interesting to see if KDE4 versions
will offer to have different settings depending on power mode, e.g. updating
less often when battery powered.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring