List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs compilation error
From:       "Thiago Macieira" <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-06-18 10:30:58

Andreas Pakulat said:
> On 18.06.07 02:11:13, Ignacio Castaņo wrote:
>> Compiling trunk/kdelibs I get the following error:
>>
>> [ 96%] Building CXX object
>> dnssd/CMakeFiles/kdnssd.dir/avahi-publicservice.o
>> /home/devel/src/kde4/kdelibs/dnssd/settings.h:119: error: 'static void
>> DNSSD::Configuration::writeConfig()' cannot be declared
>> /home/devel/src/kde4/kdelibs/kdeui/config/kconfigskeleton.h:968: error:
>> since 'virtual void KConfigSkeleton::writeConfig()' declared in base
>> class
>>
>> I would have thought that's valid C++, but I might be wrong.
>
> Yeap you're wrong. You need to clean your build dir. And you may want to
> update kdelibs more often if you can. The change was introduced 3 weeks
> ago (IIRC) and the kcfg-generated files need to be re-generated because
> of a change in the base class. The base class' writeConfig method is now
> virtual which means a subclass can't have a static writeConfig as was
> generated by kconfig_compiler until the change 3 weeks ago.
>
> Andreas

Warning:

Today may introduce BIC changes to KConfigSkeleton (changes in the virtual
table layout). Make sure to clean up your build dir[1] after today.

[1] Hint for cleaning up the build dir, if you're using zsh with
extendedglob:
  $ cd kdelibs-build
  $ rm -rf *~CMakeCache.txt
  $ cmake /path/to/kdelibs-src
  $ make

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358