List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs compilation error
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-06-18 9:43:26

On 18.06.07 02:11:13, Ignacio Castaņo wrote:
> Compiling trunk/kdelibs I get the following error:
>
> [ 96%] Building CXX object dnssd/CMakeFiles/kdnssd.dir/avahi-publicservice.o
> /home/devel/src/kde4/kdelibs/dnssd/settings.h:119: error: 'static void
> DNSSD::Configuration::writeConfig()' cannot be declared
> /home/devel/src/kde4/kdelibs/kdeui/config/kconfigskeleton.h:968: error:
> since 'virtual void KConfigSkeleton::writeConfig()' declared in base class
>
> I would have thought that's valid C++, but I might be wrong.

Yeap you're wrong. You need to clean your build dir. And you may want to
update kdelibs more often if you can. The change was introduced 3 weeks
ago (IIRC) and the kcfg-generated files need to be re-generated because
of a change in the base class. The base class' writeConfig method is now
virtual which means a subclass can't have a static writeConfig as was
generated by kconfig_compiler until the change 3 weeks ago.

Andreas

--
You will be reincarnated as a toad; and you will be much happier.