List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: error building kdebase svn release  669956
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-06-07 23:04:16

On 07.06.07 23:05:43, Zé wrote:
> I understand, but so far i never had any problem building with unsermake, but
> i package kde, and when reaches the part to start the build in spec i have
> this:
> unsermake  %_smp_mflags
>
> the macro %_smp_mflags will appear depending the machine cpu's numbers, so in
> case only have 2 cpu, appears:
> unsermake -j2
>
> but now i ask, if with '%make' the builds goes fine, so it also should go fine
> with 'unsermake  %_smp_mflags', but as i posted, it gives error, so my
> conclusion is that the source code needs to be fixed so i can continue
> using 'unsermake  %_smp_mflags' like i always did

Wrong. unsermake is an experimental tool and even states so when you run
it, so if it breaks with unsermake but not make, then unsermake is
broken.

> and not now come with some
> workaround like the one from the links you posted above, in wich i would to
> have:
> unsermake --compile-jobs=2
>
> but here this is for machines with 2 cpus, and now i ask, where is a rpm macro
> to handle --compile-jobs for machines dual core or not?

I think you should ask this on an rpm users list.

> The correct would be to simply fix the source code regarding whats in
> ~kdelibs/doc/kspell/
>
> so that i could continue using what i always used to build all kde modules.

As far as I understood the code is fine, the problem is the buildsystem
and that can't be fixed by us because autotools is just broken by
default >;>

Anyway, as Tom already said: If you want this fixed, you have to fix it
yourself.

Andreas

--
You have a deep appreciation of the arts and music.