List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems with mime types
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-05-31 19:46:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 22 April 2007, Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've got a recent version of SVN installed (this week) and I'm having
> problems with mimetypes. I've got
> kdelibs,kdepimlibs,kdebase,qt,shared-mime-info 0.20, cmake, qt,
> strigi etc.
>
> I've tried to do this:
> unset XDG_DATA_DIRS && kbuildsycoca4 as stated in the wiki and as
> pinotree told me but I had no success.

I'm have the same problem... It worked last time I updated my KDE4 (~2
weeks ago), but not now. I cleaned $KDEHOME, $KDEVARTMP, $KDETMP,
unsert XDG_DATA_DIRS, run kbuildsycoca4, but no success. Complains
about the mimetype and the the file protocol died.:(

Some outputs:

1)when running kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental:
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4: Recreating ksycoca file
(/var/tmp/andris-kde4/kdecache-andris/ksycoca4, version 105)
kbuildsycoca4: WARNING: Missing <comment> field
in /usr/share/mime/text/vnd.rn-realtext.xml
(similar WARNING lines for other xml files)
KConfigIni: Invalid escape sequence '\{'KConfigIni: Invalid escape
sequence '\{'KConfigIni: Invalid escape sequence '\{'KConfigIni:
Invalid escape sequence '\{'KConfigIni: Invalid escape
sequence '\{'KConfigIni: Invalid escape sequence '\{'KConfigIni:
Invalid escape sequence '\{'KConfigIni: Invalid escape
sequence '\{'KConfigIni: Invalid escape sequence '\{'KConfigIni:
Invalid escape sequence '\{'kbuildsycoca4: Menu suse-screensavers.menu
not found.
(many other things)

2) when running kwrite and trying to use the file open dialog.

kio (KDirWatch): Added Dir /data/development/sources/kde-trunk/kdelibs
[KDirWatch-2]
kio (Slave): createSlave 'file' for
file:///data/development/sources/kde-trunk/kdelibs
kio (Slave): slave failed to connect to application pid=30005
protocol=file
kio (Slave): Houston, we lost our slave, pid=30005
kio (Slave): slave died pid = 30005
kio (KDirListerCache): [void KDirListerCache::slotResult(KJob*)]
finished listing file:///data/development/sources/kde-trunk/kdelibs
kdeui (KNotification): WARNING: error while contacting knotify server

Andras

PS:Actually now I just got the protocol died error, altough I had the
other error as well before and I can reproduce by deleting the $KDEHOME
and the ksycoca4* files.