List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Display MAC addresses in KDE 3.5.0
From:       RalfGesellensetter <rgx () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-05-28 17:03:26

Am Sonntag, 27. Mai 2007 16:36 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
> RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> > in KDE 3.5.5, kinfocenter does display mac addresses of nics - as opposed
> > to KDE 3.5.0 which is the latest version I can use at school. Is there
> > any other KDE tools displaying NIC's hardware address in user space?
>
> 'ifconfig'?

I do know how to use ifcondig in a Konsole, however I like to present an
integrated view of hardware and its properties (like in kinfocenter).

Actually this wish arose while translating a presentation on networking from
windows to gnu/linux/debian.

Likewise, I am looking for the easiest KDEish way to display the hostname.
Enter "/etc/hostname" in konqueror seems to do the job best, for now (or just
open a Konsole).