Am Sonntag, 27. Mai 2007 16:36 schrieb Matthew Woehlke: > RalfGesellensetter wrote: > > in KDE 3.5.5, kinfocenter does display mac addresses of nics - as opposed > > to KDE 3.5.0 which is the latest version I can use at school. Is there > > any other KDE tools displaying NIC's hardware address in user space? > > 'ifconfig'? I do know how to use ifcondig in a Konsole, however I like to present an integrated view of hardware and its properties (like in kinfocenter). Actually this wish arose while translating a presentation on networking from windows to gnu/linux/debian. Likewise, I am looking for the easiest KDEish way to display the hostname. Enter "/etc/hostname" in konqueror seems to do the job best, for now (or just open a Konsole). >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<