List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Can't compile kdegraphics in 3.5 branch
From:       Martin Koller <m.koller () surfeu ! at>
Date:       2007-05-23 21:02:41

Hi Thiago,

On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Relevant line:
> kuickshow_la_LIBADD  = $(LIB_KDEPRINT) $(LIB_IMLIB)
>
> Find out which of those two variables contains "-rdynamic". My guess is
> the latter. (You're using unsermake, right? The top-level Makefile
> contains the variables)
>
> Then find out why configure set that variable to -rdynamic. It's probably
> coming from a faulty configure line or faulty config program (imlib-config
> or something).
>
> I see no need for either library to require -rdynamic executables. It
> simply doesn't make sense because it's not portable.

Thanks for your hint.
Yes, in the toplevel Makefile I found -rdynamic in LIB_IMLIB
pkg-config --libs imlib   gives
-rdynamic -L/opt/gnome/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgdk_imlib -lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -lglib \
-ldl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm

I simply removed -rdynamic from the Makefile.
At least it compiles now.
Thanks a lot.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Computers and Internet gave you freedom.
TCPA would TAKE your FREEDOM!  http://www.againsttcpa.com