List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch: Idea for saving power on laptops
From:       Florian Hackenberger <f.hackenberger () chello ! at>
Date:       2007-05-18 16:53:56

On Friday 18 May 2007, jos poortvliet wrote:
> It's a cool idea, but I'd rather see the apps fixed that don't NEED to do
> anything when minimized to really not DO anything.
Well the fact that the X server does not know about windows being minimised
(and therefore neither do the applications), is probably part of the problem.
Therefore a browser cannot freeze a page, because it may not even realise its
window is invisible to the user. It could however freeze pages in inactive
tabs. I'll definitely file a bug on konqi and firefox.

Cheers

PS: Sorry for not replying correctly (msgid), but I accidentally deleted your
message, because it ended up in the wrong folder.
--
Florian Hackenberger
student @