List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: a full-bug konqueror ' New Tab' demonstrate sample code,
From:       "Gary L. Greene, Jr." <greeneg () tolharadys ! net>
Date:       2007-04-29 16:35:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 29 April 2007 08:46, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 29.04.07 23:20:09, jiang jefix wrote:
> > hi,again with 'dynamically create tabs'
> >
> > in konqueror, it has no  tab when startup ,but if you click 'Location|
> > New tab' it will dynamically create a tabbar and two tabs(KTabWidget ?) ,
> > and if you close one
> > tab,different from konsole
> > ,konqueror doesnt remain tabbar and tab, so central area will more or
> > less larger.
> >
> > i write some sample code to demonstrate it,
> > but there are lots bugs,you can click 'new tab' ,' close tab'
> > repeated out of turn ,it just can not perform the same thing
> > konqueror does,
> > i cannot fix it,
>
> Did you try to look into konqueror's source code? Or ask on kfm-devel
> (thats were the konqi devels hang out).
>
> Also I did give you a hint what I think konqueror does. Instaed of
> switching the central widget it probably just hides the tabbar.
>
> Andreas

Actually, if you've ever fiddled with konqy enough, you'd find that it really
DOESN"T hide the tab bar, but rather, it's always there, just the tab is
hidden. If you right click in just the right spot between the toolbars and
the display frame, you'll get the tab management menu, to prove this.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from: uriel