List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: status of krdc
From:       Urs Wolfer <uwolfer () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-03-26 13:11:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

(I have already replyed to Alessandros private mail to me (I got it earlier
because of the @kde.org downtime. But here my answer in short.)

On Friday 23 March 2007, Alessandro Praduroux wrote:
> (resent here since I realized I sent it to the wrong ML)
> Hello,
>
> I am using daily krdc on my job and looking at the state of it in KDE4
> seems that it's badly broken and fairly unmantained.

That's true. At the moment it has no maintainer.

> Is there anyone working on getting it to shape for the release? if not, I'm
> willing to work on it and at least complete the porting to QT4/KDE4 (there
> are still a lot of kde3support and qt3support classes in the code, and on
> compilation there are lots of calls to deprecated KConfig methods), and get
> it working again at least as good as it worked in KDE3 (right now it
> starts, but the remote desktop window is not resized correctly and the
> toolbar does not show).

Side information: I have applied for a Google Summer of Code project, to be
exact: a rewrite of Krdc ;) So if my application would get selected, there
will be a new active maintainer for this app. I have already worked a bit on
it, but nothing usable at the moment.

> After it's working, I plan to add some support to more recent options of
> rdesktop, expecially the sharing of resources from the local machine to the
> remote (as long as it works in rdesktop too)

That would be great.
If I would get selected for this project, I would like to work afterwards
together with another person on Krdc.

> Is there a more kdenetwork oriented mailing list to which I can send
> patches? or maybe I can have my old (and long unused, my bad) cvs (now svn)
> account reactivated for this purpose?

Your account is still active.

Bye
urs