List:       kde-devel
From:       Michael Scondo <michael.scondo () arcor ! de>
Date:       2007-03-26 12:49:38

Hello,

I had to think a lot about if I should try to participate.
But since I really love coding opensource, I decided to give it a try.
And being sponsored would allow me to do some opensource work, which I most likely \
won't be able otherwise, since I'm earning my life by programming for a company.

I've got three proposals, the others are perhaps more related to Kde, I'll send them \
to the according mailing lists.

What I write here is not the official proposal, it's just a suggestion and the \
question whether someone would like to be the mentor.

My proposal is about ksalomon (http://ksalomon.sf.net), a knowledge trainer, which I \
developed mainly in the years 2001-2005.

Sadly I couldn't afford much time for ksalomon in the past 2 years, so the last \
official version was 2005.

What I'd like to do:

-Implement a survey and feedback system (maybe I could start over with the feedback \
                system of basket, it's looking quite well)
-Port to qt4, make it portable (Windows)
-use cmake
-Write documentation
-implement a completion test
-implement a mindmap test (mindmaps with gaps to fill)
-enable the native reading and writing of other (vocabulary) file formats via plugins \
(Written also in other languages, AFAIK there is also someone already working on a \
                converter for basket files)
-start a webforum for users to exchange their knowledge files

This are just the ideas I have, it would be great if someone would like to be the \
mentor. Getting some hints would be great..
There are some classes in ksalomon which could possibly be interesting for kde, too, \
and some of the work I'd do in the summer of code could also perhaps be useful to \
kde. I think especially of the survey system and the mindmap widget.
I'd leave this decision to the mentor.

A very short biography of me:

I'm living in Nuremberg, Germany.
I started programming with 11 years, and was really fascinated.
Now I'm 27 years old, and still fascinated.
I've learned several programming languages in the years, but I'd say I love cpp and \
perl. I'm studying at the university Erlangen-Nuernberg a mixture (Magister) of \
Philosophy, History and Psychology. However, I'll have free this year until october, \
so I'd have plenty of time for this project.

Best wishes,
Michael