List:       kde-devel
Subject:    SaneWidget
From:       Kåre_Särs <kare.sars () kolumbus ! fi>
Date:       2007-03-22 19:58:26

Hi!

A couple of months ago I asked if any body was working on a scan
application/library. I have spent some time now programming a scan widget.
For the moment it's done with Qt3 since I'm familiar with that, but I think
it shouldn't be to hard to continue and port it to Qt4.

I have some questions:
- What parameters should be shown by default and what do you think is the best
way to show/hide the other parameters.

- Comments on the layout is welcome.

- I have read that the feature freeze for KDE4 is in just a few days, but is
there an interest to include this in KDE 4.x in some form?

- If there is interest for this one how would you want the interface/API to
work.

So you know what I'm talking about, you can get a source tarball at:
http://www.kolumbus.fi/kare.sars/sanewidget20070322.tar.gz

or you can visit the sourceforge project page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sanewidget/
(there you can also see screenshots)

The SVN URL is: https://sanewidget.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sanewidget

Things missing:
- Device selection
- Zooming of the preview.
- Final layout.
- Saving default options (maybe only for KDE)
- Porting to Qt4
- ...

In my test app I have hardcoded selection of my Epson Scanner, but if the
requested scanner isn't found Sane's test scanner will be used in stead. So
even if you do not have a scanner you can still try it out.

Thanks in advance,
  Kåre Särs