List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Google SoC Project Idea: Kate Feature Extension
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-03-02 16:10:02

Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Thursday 01 March 2007 20:35, Vic Fryzel wrote:
>> Has Kate porting started for KDE 3.5 -> KDE 4 yet?  I'm sure I could help
>> with that.  I couldn't find Kate anywhere in SVN though, except for in
>> kdelibs.
>
> It's not only already started, it's already been moved to kdesdk.  The text
> editor component is still in kdelibs for KWrite though.

...and KDevelop, and Quanta, and any other application that needs a good
text editor and doesn't want to reinvent the wheel. :-)

For the record I'm glad Kate and not KWrite moved; I've always
subscribed to Aaron's opinion that it is overkill for simple editing. I
use KDevelop to hack on code, but prefer KWrite to hack on my
.bash_profile. I don't need Kate (the application) to do that. :-)

--
Matthew
"Have you tried that new mixed drink, 'GDR'"?