List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Google SoC Project Idea: Kate Feature Extension
From:       Kleag <kleag () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-03-02 7:00:08

Le vendredi 02 mars 2007, Vic Fryzel a écrit  :
> Heh, no wonder I couldn't find it!  I didn't checkout kdesdk yet.  I'd
> assumed it would be in kdebase.  Thanks for the info.

Until recently it was in kdebase, but it has been moved to kdesdk because of
the "one task, one app in kdebase" rule. In my opinion, a better option would
have been to remove kwrite instead because of the fact that the latter is the
default editor (at least on Mandriva) prevents people to discover the more
powerful, but still easy to understand, kate.
This would have pushed the KDE style that helps people softly progress.

Best reagrds,

Kleag
--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer