List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker calls widthForHeight() in unnecessary situations
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-25 23:10:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On February 25, 2007, Hans Dembinski wrote:
> on developing an applet for kicker, it's called kbandwidth. I experienced
> that kicker calls the widthForHeight function much more often than
> necessary.

known issue. not particularly easily fixed.

> I could fix this on the level of my applet, but that would imply rather
> ugly hacking.

ditto for "fixing" it in kicker as well

> Maybe someone can comment on that?

it may be possible to eliminate some calls, but certainly not most; it would
require some pretty decent rejigging of kicker's internals and extensive
testing with all applets and kicker configurations.

for now my suggestion is to simply work with the functional ugliness that is
kicker.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se