List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: comboboxes - sorted lists in KDE4 - idea
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-22 9:36:36

On Thursday 22 February 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> First: this is actually the wrong list to post requests, kde-core-devel
> is better suited.

That's a strange thing to say... kde-core-devel is for developers who are ready
to make changes, not for requests ;) Imagine how much noise we'd get on k-c-d
if it was the place for requests..

>  KComboBox would behave very differently from QComboBox

No I think this is about sorting the items before stuffing them into a *ComboBox;
doesn't really need a kdelibs code change, but rather fixing the apps. Since alphabetical
order doesn't -always- make sense, only sometimes.