List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Subversion and incomplete checkouts
From:       Dirk Stoecker <kde () dstoecker ! de>
Date:       2007-02-21 8:10:43

Hello,

CVS had the nice possibility to have partial working copies and
nevertheless handle them all with one call.

E.G. I checked out the parts I need and ignore some directories. Now I go
down the tree and do the same until I have all I want. When I now do a cvs
update in the base directory all the files are updated, but no new
directories are created (als long as I do not use -d :-)

svn has a checkout option and update option -N doing the first part of
CVS, but when I do an svn up in the basepart it regets all the missing
stuff and svn up -N does not handle the subdirectories.

Any solution for this, as the KDE repository really requires this, when
you want to handle translation files for multiple languages?

Ciao