List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KListView, Dolphin and usability
From:       "Peter Penz" <peter.penz () gmx ! at>
Date:       2007-02-14 11:36:03

Hi Rafael,

> Please take a look at my last email. Probably it would be interesting
> adding
> a new option to the sort submenu, as I said before, since some users may
> like to "order logically" elements into a folder. I propose letting them
> "categorize" groups of items as well.
> So, from my point of view, and as some users told David, I think is
> necessary adding those options for having items organized. Doesn't matter
> if
> in a grid with ordering by name, size... or freely-moved by user in a
> logical order, even letting him/her adding custom categories, like "Work
> documents", and "Home documents" on the same folder "Documents", instead
> of
> creating two new folders, so he/she can see all documents on only one
> fast-look.

As said before I really like the idea of categorization and I am open to use it in \
Dolphin :-) My concern was only that we should fix the basic things first before \
starting with the categorization -> maybe we can discuss this at kfm-devel in a \
separate thread? I think this mail thread goes a little bit into the wrong direction \
for kde-usability...

Thanks!
Peter