List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.5.6 & KDE 4
From:       Ian Wadham <ianw2 () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-02-05 18:40:06

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 10:30 pm, Bram Schoenmakers wrote:
> Wow, that's a really impressive bureaucratic idea if you ask me. So that's
> a "no" from my side.

It may look "bureaucratic", but it could be run by scripts and need be no
more intrusive, for an active developer, than the monthly messages
we get from mailman-owner@kde.org to remind us what mail lists we are
on.  Actually it could be less intrusive, because it could put the relevant
list (of applications) at the start of the message.

> And on top of that, developers should spend their time on useful bug
> reports and let others (like me, Philip or Tommi) clean up the cruft for
> them.

Well if you and Philip and Tommi *like* cleaning up cruft ... <shrug> ...
pardon me for trying to think of ways to lighten your load :-)

Cheers, Ian W.