List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.5.6 & KDE 4
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-03 20:41:48

On Saturday 03 February 2007 20:03, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Saturday 03 February 2007, Dirk Stoecker wrote:
> > Discussion groups never reach results. And I do not think KDE is
> > anyway different. There are strong leaders in the areas of
> > development.
>
> KDE is quite different. ;-) There is no leading person, not even leading
> group.

THis is true. Dirk's point seems to be that this is a problem, because without
leadership and a bit of a deadline, development wanders all over the place
and doesn't get us to the finish line fast enough.

> There are persons who are trusted and followed, and there are
> person who coordinate the releases, but that is all.

Fortunately we have the module maintainers to push for a KDE 3.5.x release.
For KDE4, the release team is still forming after the Technical Working Group
was dissolved.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/