List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Developing applications for KDE4
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-01 9:51:53

Am Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2007 10:39 schrieb John Tapsell:
> Dirk,
>
>   Go and piss on some other project.  We are clearly _not_ ignoring
> bugs in kde3 - we've only just had another bug fix release!  I have
> personally fixed a dozen bugs in this new 3.5.6 release.
>
>   KDE4 is looking really nice, and I'm proud of everyone working on
> it.  I'm always up for constructive criticism (hell, I've done plenty
> to be criticised about!), but I don't see anything constructive in
> your complaining.

John, I think you're over the line. Dirk was purely reacting on the pretty
polemic statement that kgoldrunner should link against Qt1 if it doesn't
want to follow the project.

While the whole discussion is far from fruitful, I don't think Dirk's mail can
be intepreted as pissing nor as claim we'd drop KDE 3.5 maintenance - unless
of course you had a pretty bad night.

Greetings, Stephan